Human design is never meant to limit us; it doesn’t tell us what we can or cannot do, it simply lets us know how we can do it best by honoring how we are uniquely meant to operate.
For instance, we all have the capacity for leadership. Human design lets us know how we will each lead best.
So today, I wanted to share a few tips on how to best lead as a Generator in human design.
Leadership tips for Generators…
- Reflect on what you’re most lit up by in your work and create more space to do just that. When you’re lit up by your work, your excitement ripples out and powers up your team.
- Delegate the pieces of your work that feel consistently draining and depleting.
- Train your team to communicate with you in a way that helps you connect to your gut response, e.g., presenting you with options rather than asking you open-ended questions.
- Hire people and choose collaborators that feel right in your gut and that you feel lit up and excited to work with.
- Let your team know about the power of your gut feeling; when you know, you know, even when you can’t explain it. Lean on your gut to make aligned decisions for you and your team.
And remember, as a Generator, it might be tempting to handle all the things yourself, but you’re not meant to. It’s so important to allow in support. And, remember to trust that unless you’re getting a full-bodied yes from your gut, it’s a no or not yet. Rooting into yourself and connecting to your gut to help guide you in decision-making will only make you that much more impactful as a leader.