Human design not only supports us in finding more flow and ease in our own lives, it also helps us understand how to support and love on those close to us — our partners, kids, friends, collaborators, family members, and more.
So today, I wanted to share some relationship tips, unique needs, and what a supportive co-pilot may look like (in life and in love) for Generators.
As a Generator, it’s important that those in relationship with me…
- Prioritize my excitement and joy.
- Create opportunities for me to do something I’m lit up by.
- Take things off my plate that continually drain and deplete me, honoring my energy as the precious resource it is.
- Spend time with me doing something that brings me joy.
- Remind me how grateful they are for my energy and how precious my energy is.
- Honor my boundaries and the truth of my gut response (e.g., not asking me to explain it), and ask me specific yes/no questions to help me drop into my gut.
Some of my unique needs include having others…
- Support me in prioritizing my joy and reminding me it’s not selfish to do so. Rather, it’s the thing that allows me to brighten and uplift the world around me. (They do not treat my excitement as secondary.)
- Give me options or ask me specific, yes/no questions that drop me into my gut. (They do not ask open-ended questions and expect immediate clarity.)
- Support me in following my gut feeling, even when I can’t explain it. My gut doesn’t come with a reason – it’s a felt sense that something is right for me or not. (They help me trust my gut rather than ask me to explain it.)
- Honor my boundaries and not expect me to handle something simply because I can. They help me stay aligned by committing to what I am the most energized to do, not just what I can do.
Supportive co-pilots are people who…
- Prioritize my excitement and know when I’m lit up by what I’m doing, they’ll benefit too.
- Know how to communicate with me and/or are open to learning (e.g., asking me specific questions and giving me things to respond to.)
- Honor the truth of my gut response and don’t require me to explain it.
- Take things off my plate that are draining me and encourage me to let go of what’s no longer for me.
- Value my energy as precious and powerful.
- Create opportunities for me to do what lights me up.