There is so much to our human design that can help us know when to walk away from a relationship, job, or experience, and when to stay.
Today, I wanted to share a few notes on what it may look like to be in a situation that is no longer right for you, as well as things to leave behind, as a Reflector.
Signs it may be time to walk away…
- You do not feel treasured, recognized and valued for your powerful perspective.
- You’re expected to be a consistent doer and to use your energy in a way that’s unsustainable and burns you out.
- You’re surrounded by people or in a space that feels depleting and draining rather than energizing and nourishing.
- You feel consistently disappointed.
- You have so many powerful insights and reflections to share yet no one is asking you to share them.
- You’re sticking with something to prove you’re consistent rather than honoring your ever-evolving nature and giving yourself permission to move on when it’s time.
It’s time to leave behind…
- Spending time in spaces and around people that don’t feel good.
- Trying to figure out the one thing you are rather than giving yourself permission to be fluid in your purpose and expression.
- Trying to do things how others do them.
- Making decisions from a place of pressure rather than clarity and patience.
- Overworking and seeing rest as lazy and unproductive rather than as essential, nourishing and life-giving.
- Personalizing others’ feelings as your own rather than seeing them objectively for what they are.
- Feeling disappointed, under-appreciated and unseen.